It may come as a shock to some people, but there are Cherry Blossom Festivals all over the world every year. In the USA the most well-known festival is the DC Cherry Blossom Festival which attracts roughly a quarter million people to it each year. Throughout the rest of the USA there are other festivals as well, with some of the larger festivals hosted in places like Nashville, TN, and even Fort Wayne Indiana.
These Japanese festivals are the perfect place to sample Japan without needing a passport. At these festivals, you can see a wide sampling of Japanese culture from kimono, to cosplay. Even better many of these events are free to attend, or low admission cost and are family friendly. To help you find a Cherry Blossom Festival near you, we have assembled a small list of events taking place every year in the USA.
- Fort Wayne, Indiana Cherry Blossom Festival – https://www.cherryblossomfw.com
- Nashville, Tennessee Cherry Blossom Festival – http://www.nashvillecherryblossomfestival.org/
- Salem, Oregon Cherry Blossom Day – (No official website)
- Washington DC Cherry Blossom Festival – https://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/
- San Francisco, California Cherry Blossom Festival – https://www.sftourismtips.com/san-francisco-cherry-blossom-festival.html
- Imro, South Carolina Cherry Blossom Festival – https://www.theirmocherryblossomfestival.com/
- Seattle, Washington Cherry Blossom Festival – http://cherryblossomfest.org/
- West Covina, California Cherry Blossom Festival – www.esgvjcc.org
- Hawaii Cherry Blossom Festival – http://cbfhawaii.com/
- Brooklyn, New York Sakura Matsuri- https://www.bbg.org/visit/event/sakura_matsuri_2018
- Buffalo, New York Cherry Blossom Festival – https://www.buffalocherryblossomfestival.org/
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival – http://subarucherryblossom.org/
Be aware that not all of the Cherry Blossom Festivals in the USA are Japanese cultural events. There are also many smaller events and celebrations that take place nationwide, and many of these festivals are looking for volunteers to help make them possible.
One Comment Add yours
Reblogged this on Wolf's Birding and Bonsai Blog.